The warehouse clerk processes orders, accepts deliveries, and keeps the warehouse organized, which includes everything from physically moving product around the warehouse space to properly maintaining all shipping and receiving records. The position is for Skowhegan, ME.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of a Warehouse Clerk
- Tracks and logs all product inventory, ensuring there are no discrepancies or losses.
- Accepts deliveries of company products and stores them accordingly
- Receives customer and client orders.
- Packs and ships orders for delivery.
- Inspects all orders being received and shipped, checking for damage, defective parts, and missing items.
- Reports and returns damaged product.
- Operates forklift or other machinery required for transporting large orders and heavy products.
- Addresses and resolves any complaints about products, shipping speeds, or damaged items.
- Uses WMS (Warehouse Management Software) programs to monitor inventory and balance accounts.
- Keeps warehouse area clean and organized.
- Reports to warehouse supervisor or management to alert them of any issues with shipping or receiving.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Possesses strong organizational skills.
- Is detail-oriented and capable of noticing small errors on orders or defective aspects of products.
- Maintains physical stamina and strength required to move heavy equipment and product weighing up to 75 pounds.
- Works well with others.
- Exhibits strong communication skills, essential for working with other employees
- Demonstrates knowledge of WMS (Warehouse Management Systems) computer systems, and the ability to fix any unexpected glitches with these systems.
- Demonstrates the alertness and physical dexterity required to operate heavy machinery.
- Must be capable of managing time effectively and multi-tasking as necessary.
- Demonstrates familiarity with all warehouse safety precautions and is able to observe these at all times.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- Must be certified to operate forklifts and other machinery used for moving and transporting products.
- Must have experience with Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) and other inventory management software used by the company.
- Majority of typical workday is spent in a warehouse.
- Time may also be spent meeting with supervisors in an office.
- Warehouse temperatures are variable and often uncontrolled, unless the product being stored requires that the maintenance of a specific temperature.
- Conditions in the warehouse can be dangerous, as tasks involve the operation of heavy machinery and transporting of large product loads.
- Tasks are physically demanding, requiring long hours of lifting, standing, and carrying.
- To be determined
JANITOR OR CLEANER - PART TIME (2 DAYS A WEEK)
Responsible for cleaning buildings, removing debris, and keeping areas neat and tidy. Vacuums and buffs floors, shampoos carpets, empties trash receptacles, and replace lining of trash cans. The position is for Skowhegan, ME.
- Sweep and mop floors.
- Clean buildings by emptying trash, sweeping, and cleaning surfaces.
- Use cleaning solutions to remove stains and clean surfaces.
- Mix various cleaning agents.
- Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors, using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges, and squeegees.
- Dust furniture and scrub surfaces clean.
- Apply wax to coat floors and buff.
- Apply sealant to floors.
- Clean and service restrooms with mops and disinfectants.
- Identify and report possible repairs.
- Highly skilled in vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, scrubbing and applying finishes on different flooring materials and stairs
- Proven record of cleaning and sanitizing washrooms, showers and locker rooms
- Able to clean all fixtures and furniture safely
- Profound capability of maintaining janitor closets in a clean, organized and safe manner
- Demonstrated ability of maintaining janitorial equipment in a clean, safe and operable condition
- Adept at using chemicals in a safe manner
- Able to operate janitorial equipment properly and safely
- Comprehensive knowledge of restocking supplies in bathrooms, break rooms, and common areas
- Substantial knowledge of dusting and cleaning office desks and furniture that are not cluttered
- Well versed in inspecting premise and building
- Track record of finishing assigned tasks effectively within limited time
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks simultaneously
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Proven ability to work effectively individually and with a team
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions